Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The swerves and curves of LIFE...

I was driving to WhiteHills one hot Saturday afternoon. What I predicted to be a only a 20-mins drive dragged out to be 40-mins and that's when I decided to hop out of my car and start hurling for "Help-I-Am-Lost!"

I interrupted some bikers' journey to their very own destination and they downplay my "predicament" by saying 3 simple words: "Just keep going". With those 3 words in mind, I got back into my car and "kept going".

Life is a lot like that - you have some goals and you "vaguely" estimated how long it will take you to achieve those goals. After all, didn't the quote say, "Fail to plan, plan to fail?"
I love organisation. Though I am not the extremists to always have strong urge to know all the "fine prints" of life (maybe my husband would beg to differ!) - but a plan is always a good start.
So you embark on your little journey only to start to wonder, "Am I really on the right track?"
And you hurl out to some random strangers to ask "Do you think I am on the right track?" And well-intent strangers simply reply "Just keep going".
And you kept going and realised even more - now you are drastically lost!

People can only offer good counsel, positive encouragement or moral support. Just in the sheer words of "keep going", they can never really tell you the swerves and curves that encompasses in the "keep going". In most cases, no one counts how many lefts or rights and they don't tell you there will be a sharp corner or landslide in their "keep going" advice.
No one can prepare us for the "swerves" and "curves" of life.
But only Jesus can meet us there.

I have experienced countless of His Grace and Mercies in all my "swerves" and "curves" of life.
The bible said, ""My grace is sufficient for you, for my POWER has been made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:9

the swervy road of LIFE
How comforting are those words? No one can ever say that to us - and even if they do we can't trust them fully. But Jesus - He is trustworthy.

We faced some "sharp corners" last weekend. I had a miscarriage and we had to face the trauma of a child-loss. The most traumatic part was - not even knowing I was pregnant at the first place. This "swerve and curve in life" caused us to ask many questions - questions that will birth more frustrations and confusions.

Alas, I saw another facet of His grace - "Life was not meant to be understood, it is meant to TRUST.

To keep trusting an all faithful God, whose plans and purposes far exceed our "little map of goals in life." His plans are good and not of evil, His plans to PROSPER and to give us a HOPE and a FUTURE.

I feel I can finally hand it over to Him, to have the grace to say "See you again my baby" at that "swervy" spot and "keep going".

And now, it's your turn.
Why don't you "keep going" and most importantly "keep trusting"...

No comments:

Post a Comment