Thursday, March 22, 2012

Grace for granted, anyone?

Time for some controversial discussion?
I don't strive to be controversial for the sake of it.
I just believe that whenever a piece of Truth is revealed to me and expounded in me, it is so hard for me to hold back and not be radical about it.
Honestly, if we aren't radical about God's truths - they are ONLY good enough to be just another piece of "interesting information".

After the Cross, Jesus cried out; "It is FINISHED." My G-friend, Noel pointed out something profound. He said, "Jesus didn't say "I am finished", instead He said, "It is Finished."
Unlike the sacrifices that was offered to God in the Old Covenant; the fire would consumed the sacrifice entirely as a sign of acceptance to God. (Leviticus 9:24) And there goes Baaaa....

Though Jesus was scourged by the wrath of God at the Cross for our sake, but the Story did not end there.
Jesus literally went to Hell and back; to take the Key of Hades and overcame the power of Death. And on the third day, He manifested His resurrection power and LIVES!

Those 3 simple words: "It Is Finished" are not just important but powerful for the rest of our sozo-journey in Christ, through Christ and for Christ. Our human nature loves to turn everything to become human-effort. We can't resist the "temptation" of withdrawing our "participation" in achieving a better "Life". Even faith can have the potential to turn to become "work". No doubt, faith produces work but faith itself is not work. It doesn't in anyway requires any "effort" from human part aside from leaning totally on God's efforts/works.
We simply just believe.

The point I am truly driving home is the fact that so many people have erroneous beliefs about "not taking God's grace for granted".

Whenever someone tells us not to take something for granted, it almost often meant that "something" is limited and exhaustible. Hence, we should not take it for granted or it would backfire!

But His grace is so vast and deep and wide and high... no men (human) can truly say they can fathom nor comprehend His grace. The concept of GRACE is what sets Christianity apart from ALL other religions. (not that Christianity is a religion!)
The moment I felt I grasped Grace, He led me to a journey where I experience His grace afresh! The part where I thought I once understood, I felt I have misunderstood - in a non-confusing-refreshing way; experiencing the MUCH MORE! His revelatory love, always NEW.

So how then, how shall we respond to His grace. I love what King David aka the Psalmist said,
"What shall I do to render the benefits (favor) of the Lord?"
His answer:
"I will TAKE up the cup of salvation and call upon the name of the Lord".  Psalm 116:12
He is going to TAKE more! He did not decide to stop because He had already enjoyed so much of God's benefits (grace). David loves what he was enjoying and the Person who was blessing him loves to see him enjoying them! So when we TAKE more from Him - the more we TAKE (parTAKE), the more we become...
If there is anything that will "frustrate" His grace, it will be the day when we stop taking and start leaning to our works. Even an ounce of our self-effort can frustrate the grace of God.
"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." Galatians 2:21 KJV

Don't ever stop "TAKING" from Him. It's been GRANTED. Through His Blood.

p.s. you are only "taking His grace for granted" when you are not taking...

2 comments:

  1. hahaha...if His grace cannot be taken for granted...die lor we all

    ReplyDelete
  2. grace shud be taken for granted...coz He granted it via the cross.. juz make sure we dont take His grace in vain

    ReplyDelete